Litigation support investigations, also known as litigation support services, are complex, in depth, and intricate, and may take a great deal time and manpower to complete. What are the repercussions of not using litigation support investigations? Lack of action may result in loss of revenue, business interruption and complete loss of the business.
When are litigation support investigations appropriate, needed or desirable?
Our group of specialists will provide litigation support services that are appropriate, needed or desirable when your organization seeks to:
- Locate information which will be helpful to your legal team.
- Retrieve information on companies and individuals through public records.
- Verify the physical locations of any type of property and its ownership.
- Identify known and unknown business affiliations.
- Develop the whereabouts of potential witnesses.
- Interview the potential witnesses.
- Verify expert witness credentials.
- Discern relevant financial status.
- Access nationwide data sources that may challenge stated truths.
- Dismantle information and embellishments provided in depositions.
- Utilize Photography/Videography when needed.
- Research social media sites to obtain available information.
Finding needles in haystacks
Many times litigation support investigations are akin to finding needles in haystacks. Working on these cases is very time consuming. Much of the time is spent on verifying or refuting basic information, credentials, accomplishments, connections, affiliations, business reputation, involvement in litigation, past histories and basic facts. It will involve at least preliminary record searches. It can also include witness location as well as interviewing and statement taking. Further, it may also require surveillance services to obtain photographic or video evidence.
What is the mission?
The mission is to legitimately unearth as much useful knowledge that is available to assist you and your legal team in your quest. There is no such thing as having too much knowledge or information. We all know that information is power.